Sunday, September 16, 2007

The craziest thing . . .

In my whole life, I have never had any trouble being alone . . . in fact, in the past I have enjoyed my quiet time quite a lot. When I was in high school, I would take the longest possible route home after school just to collect myself before going home. When I was in college, I used to stop at the mall on my way home from work; not to shop, just to have some alone time before going home to my roommates. I could spend hours walking around, watching people, pondering important issues like crime and punishment, welfare reform, or what I was going to wear the next day (haha).

Today, though, has been hard. I spent part of yesterday cleaning my house, doing laundry, making beds . . . and now that those things are done, well, I don't really know what to do with myself. I watched a little football today, watched part of the NASCAR race, then went out for a little while . . . shopped a bit, had some dinner, got coffee and read a book. There was a time, not all that long ago, when that would have sounded to me like the PERFECT day! And it was very relaxing, don't get me wrong . . . but I think there is such a thing as too much alone time . . . and I certainly reached that point today . . . it's 9 o'clock and I'm considering just going to bed because I've run out of things to do . . .

I need a hobby . . . seriously!

No comments: